Students’ Creativity Recognized at DreamArchitecture Awards Ceremony
26 winning students awarded prizes for their “Dream Space Station”
The 2nd annual dreamArchitecture Art Contest held its awards ceremony Wednesday, May 10th at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center Davidson Center. More than 25 winning students were awarded prizes for their creativity and imagination for this year’s theme, “Draw your Dream Space Station.”
dreamArchitecture is a community outreach project sponsored by the Alabama Center for Architecture and the North Alabama Chapter of the American Institute of Architects. Open to elementary school children in the Huntsville/Madison area, the competition stimulates children to think about architecture and their built environment. This year’s competition had nearly 700 entries from 18 schools.
Our jury, composed of local artists, architects and designers, chose 33 winners. Winning students were given prizes, including art supplies and architecture books. The overall winner was Austin Ward, a third-grader from Central School.
The full winners list is below:
- Huntsville City Schools:
- Blossomwood Elementary: Neria Lopez (Honorable Mention, Fifth Grade)
- Chaffee Elementary: Noah Wysock (First Place, Fifth Grade);
- Madison City Schools
- Columbia Elementary: Anna Parmenter (Second Place, Fifth Grade); Amara Hare (Honorable Mention, Fourth Grade)
- Horizon Elementary: Raivyn Starr Ivy (First Place, Fourth Grade);
- Rainbow Elementary: Fernanda Cervantes (Honorable Mention, Third Grade)
- Madison County Schools:
- Central School: Austin Ward (Overall Winner); Laura Hunt (Second Place, First Grade); Ava Gustafson (Honorable Mention, Fifth Grade)
- Lynn Fanning Elementary: Caleb Gardner (First Place, Third Grade):
- Monrovia Elementary: Ava Barrett (First Place, Kindergarten); Christopher Hamm (Third Place, Second Grade); Erin Bruce (Third Place, First Place); Will Shirley (Third Place, Kindergarten)
- New Market School: Marysa Williamson (Third Place, Fifth Grade);
- Riverton Elementary: Jordan Tucker (Second Place, Third Grade); Jose Rivera (Second Place, Second Grade);
- Riverton Intermediate: Kaitlyn Lane (Third Place, Fourth Grade)
- Holy Family Catholic School: Valerie Cortes-Garcia (First Place, Second Grade); Brianna Wilkinson (First Grade, First Place); Victoria Quintero (Second Place, Fourth Grade); Ella Mote (Second Place, Kindergarten); Erin Derrington (Third Place, Third Grade); Anna-Claire Stevens (Honorable Mention, Second Grade); Emmy Martin (Honorable Mention, First Grade); Maellel Overton (Honorable Mention, Kindergarten).